You know that feeling right after you get a paycheck? You feel like you’re the richest person in the world and that nothing can get in your way. And then about seven seconds later you remember all the things that you have to do with that paycheck… It’s kinda depressing isn’t it?
There are a lot of ways that you can save money. I’ve mentioned some, Eva and other TGC writers also have all given all sorts of tips and tricks. This article is a little different. I’m encouraging you to spend your money. Seems fun right? I’m giving you tips for saving money at Express. 🙂
So this is how we are going to do it. I know that everyone lives in different parts of the country so I am going to keep it general. These tips apply to most retail stores and a lot of others too. My number one piece of advice is to “just try it.” There is absolutely no harm in trying it even if it doesn’t work. So, without further adieu, let’s look at that list.
5 Tips for Saving Money at Express
– Student Discounts. Express, offers a 15% discount if you show your student ID.
– Email Signups. Express offers a 20% discount if you sign up.
– Text alerts. Expresses discount on this fluctuates from between 10-25% off discount. (You do run the risk of your phone always going off, I sign up, get the discount, then block the number.)
– If the local Express store is part of an outlet or mall, different discounts are available. Sometimes the shopping center has a pamphlet with various discounts. Visit the information kiosk to pick one up. (We then leave this pamphlet in the glove box for next time.)
– Call ahead. Express changes the sale on Wednesdays of every week, but that sometimes changes.
Personally I like shopping at stores like Express. I prefer dressing up a little bit and wearing good quality shirts. My thought is that if you can get good quality clothes that also look sharp, they are worth the extra few dollars. You may also find that long term spending a little more up front ends up saving you money later on.
Dozens of money saving tips and tricks exist. An abundance of them exist. The best thing that you can do is to be prepared and flexible. If you know you need something, start shopping a month or so early so that you can get the best possible deal. It’s not all that hard to get the things you need at a price that is affordable.
You just have to, in the words of Nick Fury (Samuel Jackson), “keep both eyes open.” I would tell you to “keep saving,” or “spend well,” but actually, I am encouraging you to spend your money on clothes… so how about this, “Keep looking sharp. “