I know, I know, people ask you to vote for them for stuff all the time and now I’m asking too. So, if you have a couple of minutes and would like to help me win a blogging award I sure would appreciate it! My brother and I have come up with a comprehensive list of why you should vote for me and I would love for you to read it before you click away to watch your favorite cat video! There’s a link at the bottom if you don’t need to be convinced by my awesome list…
The Plutus Awards are blogging awards just for personal finance bloggers. There are lots of different categories so you can vote for multiple blogs. At FinCon (the annual conference for personal finance bloggers) they have an awards ceremony.
Last year I was nominated for best new blog. I’m pretty sure that my mom nominated me and for a while there I was in the running because so many of you took the time to vote for me. But in the end, my good friend Stephanie Halligan of The Empowered Dollar won and she truly deserved it. I have tried not to be bitter… 🙂
This year they have a new category and I’m so excited! It’s for “Best Blog for Teens/College/Young Adults”. There are a number of reasons why you should vote for me. My brother took some time and helped me come up with a list. Here are the top twenty reasons you should vote for TeensGotCents:
1) My blog has the word ‘teen’ in it for crying out loud.
2) Someone other than my mom nominated me this year! (Thanks Steve!!!)
3) This video.
4) I did the ice bucket challenge.
5) I’m the youngest blogger to attend FinCon. So far at least.
6) If I win I might give the ‘Mean Girls’ prom queen acceptance speech.
7) Last year I went to Alaska and saved 1,000 baby seals
8) I don’t have an instagram account devoted to my cat
9) Every morning I wake up at 6am and plant a tree
10) Last year I painted a rendition of the Mona Lisa that they substituted at the Louvre
11) One time I came across a semi truck in a ditch and I pulled it out with my teeth
12) Every time I visit an animal shelter I take all of the animals home with me
13) By 8 years old I began teaching CPR classes
14)I was originally hired to be the voice of Bane in the Dark Knight Rises but then my cold cleared up
15) One time I swam the English channel just for fun and then swam back to support my favorite charity
16) The man who designed the Statue of Liberty modeled it after me
17) I developed a heat resistant wax so Icarus can now fly safely to the sun
18) Paul Bunyan’s ox was a rescue that I raised
19) I have never taken a selfie…with a duck face
20) My brother thinks you should vote for me and I will get a present if I win. And I love presents!
I hope that this convinces you to take just two minutes to vote for me this year! Thanks so much everyone!
CLICK HERE TO VOTE FOR TEENSGOTCENTS – you will have to scroll down just a little ways to find my category (Best Blog for Teens/College/Young Adults). Voting closes in just a couple of days so please hurry!